Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Tony Farina


(From Simpson Funeral Home)

August 14, 1984 - August 31, 2026

Anthony “Tony” Farina left this world unexpectedly on August 31, 2026, at his home in Carthage, Missouri. His passing was accidental, sudden, and devastating, and while the world lost a vibrant, complicated, hilarious soul, I, his wife, Amber, lost the person who made life feel lighter just by being in it. 

Tony lived in a way that made you pay attention. He was brilliant in ways that didn’t always show up on paper, but showed up everywhere else, in the way he could fix anything, build anything, or explain the Tartarian time period with the passion of a man who truly believed he had cracked the code of the universe.








He was the guy who would save turtles on the side of the road, cheat at Mortal Kombat, listen to tin‑foil‑hat podcasts, and lie in the grass talking about conspiracies that made me roll my eyes and laugh at the same time. His mind was wild, creative, restless, and I loved him for it. But behind all the jokes and chaos, Tony was my safe place. He didn’t always talk about his emotions, but he showed them, in the way he protected our family, in the way he worked hard at Pomp’s Tire, in the way he tried every single day to be better than the day before. He was proud of graduating parole, and I was proud of him too, proud of the way he fought for his life, for his future, for us. And what I miss most about him isn’t the big moments, it’s the small ones.

I miss the way he’d look at me when he thought I wasn’t paying attention.

I miss the way he’d make me laugh when I was trying not to.

I miss the way he’d come up behind me and wrap his arms around me like he was grounding both of us.

I miss the sound of his voice, the warmth of his presence, the way he made even the ordinary days feel like they mattered.








I miss the version of myself that existed only with him, the one who felt understood, protected, and loved in a way no one else could replicate.

Tony was preceded in death by his parents, Kevin and Karyn Farina, and his grandparents, Georgia and Robert McHugh. He leaves behind his wife Amber Farina, daughter, Rylee Farina; his two handsome sons; sister, Jessica Johnson, and her husband, Jon. Each person loved him through every version of himself and will carry him in their hearts for the rest of their lives. I like to imagine him now, somewhere beyond all of this, still arguing with angels about whether the earth is flat or whether Tartaria was real. And I hope, wherever he is, he knows how deeply he was loved, and how deeply he is missed.

A celebration of Tony’s life will be held on Friday, September 11, 2026, at 3:00 p.m. at Simpson Funeral Home, 400 West Daugherty Street, Webb City, Missouri. This isn’t a goodbye — it’s a “see you later.” Services are under the personal care and direction of Simpson Funeral Home. Friends and family are encouraged to visit www.simpsonfh.com to share photos and memories of Tony. For a man who kept so much inside, your stories will help keep his spirit alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment