Saturday, February 25, 2017

Dennis Olsen

(From Knell Mortuary)

Dennis W. Olsen, 77, Carthage, MO, passed away Monday, February 20, 2017 at Mercy Hospital, Joplin, MO. Dennis Wayne Olsen was born December 16, 1939 in Abilene, KS to the late Clayton E. Olsen and Alberta I. (Staatz) Olsen. He graduated from Dickinson County Community High School in Kansas, Class of 1957. He worked for Guerrero Security in Oklahoma City, OK. Dennis married Connie E. Lancrain on December 9, 1983 in Oklahoma City, OK; she preceded him in death on January 23, 2014.

Survivors include three daughters, Leslie Ann Olsen, Tressa Lynn Murphy, and Rosemarie Heron; two sons, Dennis W. Olsen and Shawn Olsen; and one brother, Richard Olsen.

He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife, two brothers, Donald Olsen and Clayton Olsen, and one sister, Joyce Ann Podolan.

Visitation will be held 1:30-2:00 p.m., Monday, February 27, 2017 at Knell Mortuary. Funeral services will follow at 2 p.m. Rev. James Schnackenberg will officiate. Interment will follow the service at Park Cemetery, Carthage. Online condolences may be expressed through www.knellmortuary.com. Arrangements are under the direction and personal care of Knell Mortuary.

2 comments:

  1. This was my father. He was not the father I needed. He was not the father I deserved. But he is at rest now. May God forgive him for what I can't.

    Teresa Olsen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I met Denny in about 1980, he worked with me at a telemarketing place. I could not stand him at first, then he ended up renting a room from me in my home and became a friend. Yes, every weekend he would get paid and go to the bars and he was a real ass a lot of the time. I do remember his speaking and seeing Marilyn and u kids on rare occasions. They had problems for sure and u kids suffered because of it. You may not have seen it but he really did have a heart of gold. For your soul to move on you must learn to forgive him. He quit drinking after he met Connie in OKC and they built a good loving life together. He was not perfect but he was a great guy. He is my friend, I wish you could have had the chance to get to know him like I did. Kirk

      Delete