Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Jack Helzer

(From Lakin Funeral Home)

Jack Robert Helzer, age 73, of Wentworth, MO died on Tuesday, September 13, 2016, at his home near Wentworth, MO. Mr. Helzer was born in Hayward, CA on Sunday, April 11, 1943. He was the son of Edward and Lois (Russell) Helzer. Mr. Helzer married Rose Brown on July 4, 1993, in the state of Rhode Island. He was a retired painter.

Surviving are the following: his wife, Rose of the home; three daughters, Melissa Helzer of Bellingham, WA, Lurene Helzer of Bellingham, WA, and Kathrena Halsinger of Portland, OR; and their loving mother, Sharon Stafford of Bellingham, WA; his two step-daughters, Tina Sisk of Joplin, MO and Lauralee Parish of Monett, MO; and eleven grandchildren.

Mr. Helzer has been cremated at his request and will be buried in California at a later date.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you to you all who have helped during the time of his passing. My father loved music, singing, comedy, history, architecture, vintage things like cars, animals, creating good work- craftsman style and beyond and could whistle like nobody's business. He has had dear Rose with him all these years and I am so thankful. Thank you to my stepsisters. I am going to miss him the rest of my life. Rest peacefully dad.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not read the obituary until today. I am not a sobber, but I'm the sort who "won't talk about it." Not at first. I became weak in last few weeks. Was in bed all the time. can't work or function. However, I see light in tunnel now. My friend Harry, originally from Calcutta, India, is taking me to Berkeley for a week. We soon leave. Nice hotel and good food and friends. I'm just not the girl with the right neurology for "grief," I guess. It takes me a few months to admit a guy's gone unless he was a subject of a news story I wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In fact, I can't even say, "Dad died." I am saying "a guy's gone."

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are other folks who take grief like this, though. They just don't have brains that can recognize it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is old satire I wrote about my first dog. Mom and Dad said Santa dropped him off....The part about Dad was dad for real when I was a kid, realy funny about my tactics with Sam: http://unbelievableanimalstories.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-excuse-sam.html

    ReplyDelete