Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Michael Speer

(From Hedge-Lewis-Goodwin Funeral Home)

Michael Wayne Speer, age 68 of Carterville, Missouri passed away at his home Monday January 2, 2017 following several months of declining health.

He was born September 16, 1948 in Joplin, Missouri to David E. Speer and Thelma K. Frost

Michael served in the United States Air Force during the Vietnam conflict. He work as a machine operator for Dyno Nobel. Michael was a graduate of the Webb City High School.

He married Tuyet (Snow) Hoang on May 29, 1971 and she survives. He is also survived by his mother, Thelma Frost; one son Chris Speer, Louisiana; three daughters, Rebecca Hodson and husband Matthew, Joplin, Missouri, Tera Lopez and husband David, Carterville, Missouri, Carie Beeler and husband Robert, Greenwood, Missouri; six grandchildren, Wyatt, Sydney, Isaac, Avry, Audrey, and Colson; one brother, Rick Speer, and a half-sister, Michelle Thompson.

Michael was preceded in death by his father, David E. Speer.



Graveside services with full military honors will be 2:00 pm Friday January 6, 2017 at the Mt. Hope Cemetery with Pastor Jeff Kingery officiating.

5 comments:

  1. Rest in peace uncle Mike. Thank you for all the love and support that you gave to my family and all the life lessons that you taught us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will miss you Mike, you have given so much to others, yet you always make us laugh. May God give you peace & bless you, rest well. Love you..Rick & Irene

    ReplyDelete
  3. To my husband's uncle Mike whom I met just ONE time!!! He stayed at our house while my husband's aunt was hospitalized during one of her CA visits. I remember how loving he was .... he has a gentle old soul, very humbled, very easy going and caring..... I remember hanging out with him in our backyard patio chatting away... from our prayers to God's ears, we wish you find eternal peace surrounded by God's angels. RIP uncle Mike. From Heather, Tony, Taylor and Kaitlyn. We salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest in peace uncle Mike. You were always a gentle soul. I always enjoyed being around you even though we didn't say much to each other, and will always treasure the little chit chats we had on the phone on a few occasions. I wish my wife and children had met you because I know they will love you like I do. You will be sorely missed. Go be with God, uncle Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest in peace uncle Mike. You were always a gentle soul, a simple man. I always enjoyed being around you even though we did not say much to each other, and will always treasure the little chitchat we had on the phone on rare occasions. I wish my wife and children had met you because I know they will love you like I do. You will be sorely missed. Go be with God, uncle Mike.

    ReplyDelete